The Citizenship-by-Investment Program of the Federation of St. Kitts & Nevis was established in 1984, making it the longest established program of this kind in the world. It has distinguished itself from other similar programs because it has rigidly enforced investment requirements and meticulous due diligence procedures.
One option that foreign investors can take to become eligible to apply for St. Kitts & Nevis citizenship is by making an investment of at least us $200,000 in a government approved real estate project, such as Koi Resort.
While the Federation’s program requires all applicants to undergo a thorough background check, approval for citizenship usually takes less time when compared to other notable citizenship-by-investment programs in the world. For example, when compared to the U.S.A.’s EB-5 program, the St. Kitts & Nevis program is extremely sound.
The Government of St. Kitts & Nevis utilizes this program to attract investors of good character to make a substantial contribution to the development of the Federation. A stable political environment, modern infrastructure, high literacy rates, a strong and educated local workforce, and position as the financial capital of the Eastern Caribbean all make St. Kitts & Nevis a particularly appealing investment prospect. Foreign investment has the potential to shape the economy of this young and developing nation, positively impacting its growth and prosperity
Benefits of Citizenship
Citizenship is not a requirement for purchasing real estate at Koi Resort. However, there are many associated benefits of having St. Kitts & Nevis citizenship. Depending upon the laws of one’s home country, having citizenship in another country may be advantageous for purposes of tax planning, personal security, and general convenience.
Citizenship does not include voting rights, but it does entitle the recipient to receive a certificate of registration making the recipient a citizen of St. Kitts & Nevis, which allows the recipient to apply for a St. Kitts & Nevis passport.
Other benefits include the following:
- Convenient visa-free or visa-on-arrival travel to more than 150 countries and territories, including European and most British Commonwealth countries.
- Lifetime and dual citizenship for you and eligible family members, which can be passed on to future generations by descent.
- There are no residency requirements.
- There are no direct personal taxes, even if you decide to reside in St. Kitts & Nevis.
- Opportunity to apply for St. Kitts & Nevis passport once citizenship is approved.
- Kitts & Nevis is a stable and enjoyable place to live and is an emerging destination within the Caribbean community.
- Fast processing of your citizenship application when compared to other notable citizenship programs offered in other countries (especially under the 60-Day Accelerated Program).
Koi Resort is authorized by the Government of St. Kitts & Nevis as an Approved Project for Citizenship-by-Investment.